Alright ladies, our last day of guest posting does not disappoint. Kayleigh is here to talk about my favorite thing, booze. Thankfully one of these guest bloggers took care of that while I was gone. Enjoy and we'll return to our regular scheduled programming tomorrow!
Hello Lovers! I’m Kayleigh and you can find me over at Down at Fraggle Rock, where I spend most of my time talking about the ridiculous people I encounter during my days, wedding planning, and whatever hijinx I get myself into.
While Mrs. Dew is away sunning herself on her family vaca, she has graciously asked me to fill in for the day so you Dolls can get your fix!
And since Shannon is on vacation, I thought I would tell you a little about one of MY crazy vacations. The time I learned that I <3 and="and" canada="canada" me.="me." p="p" s="s">
You see, about six months before I met Big A (who will be my hubby in less than a month, poor sap!) I was living in an apartment with a friend of mine. I had been there for about six months, was working full time, and going to college full time. I was drowning, so I sucked it up and asked Mommy and Daddy to let me move home. Yep, I’m the coolest.
You see that apartment had seen some great days. Some amazing parties. And lots and LOTS of memories that I will never forget. Let’s just say there was a lot of this going on:
One night, my friend Jackums and I were hanging out at my apartment while my roommate was away for the weekend. We indulged in a little too much fun and decided that we needed to do something absolutely epic for New Years. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I was going to have to move home soon. So, we got online and booked the vacation. A non-refundable vacation.
And then the next morning realized that we were broke as a joke and couldn’t afford it. So we invited my brother, his then girlfriend, and another friend of ours. Problem solved.
We drove the 7 hours there arriving around midnight. Scarfed down some food and got ready to head out the next day for the day BEFORE New Year’s Eve.
1. Jackums and I being fancy and having Cosmos a la Sexy & the City. 2. What’s a party without shots?
3. Shots = Dancing on bars. 4. Staying too late at bars, make you meet creepy men who photo bomb your picture.
It was probably the craziest most amazing weekend I’ve ever had. And I am SO glad that I did it. We STILL talk about it to this day and rehash all of the insanity that went on, including, but not limited to:
* Me being carried through a 5 star hotel lobby…drunk at 2:00 AM
* Three people throwing up in a bathroom at once
* Getting so drunk the night BEFORE New Year’s Eve that most people went home at 12:05 AM
* Learning that cab drivers in Montreal are ridiculously crazy and you are taking your own life into your hands when you enter their vehicle
* Having a creepy man tell us he put a GPS in our bags and would follow us home
* Jackums and I walking back to the hotel at 5:00 AM in the freezing rain while sharing a jacket
* And someone may or may not have peed the bed. (I’ll just say that it happened, and NO it wasn’t me)
* Me sleeping the ENTIRE 7 hour ride home while riding in the front seat of my own car
And that’s what happens when you get drunk and bored with a friend and decide to book a trip to Montreal for New Year’s Eve.
Well friends, I hope you enjoyed my little vacation excursion! I’m sure Shannon will come back with some great stories from hers (that hopefully don’t include creepy men and someone peeing in her bed). In the meantime, head on over and come visit me at Down at Fraggle Rock.